Brown/Blue Spotty

24 July 2011

Last Weekend

It seemed like I was on the go much of the time.  Saturday was a really miserable day with rain that never ceased and Sunday was not much better.
It was Christmas in July over at Just Quilting on Saturday ~ the wreath was on the door (no picture as the rain was coming down like stair rods!) and the tree was up complete with lights.  All the Ladies were hard at work when the Lovely C and I called in ~ the projects they were working on were gorgeous as ever.
I managed to get the seven fabrics that are required for my secret project ~ I'll show them later when I have part I finished, eventually ~ part II is already on it's way from France.  Carol bought the cutest little pillow and some fabric.  Next we went to our monthly EG meeting ~ I wasn't sure about the subject of the talk as textile art is not something that I go for.  I was very pleasantly surprised though as our speaker Nicky Dillerstone gave a fabulous talk and brought everyone into her world - it was really interesting.

Sunday morning was spent at The Crafts House finishing the project I started last time I was there.  These wise old birds will be a gift for my Dad ~ the wise owl of our family who will be 90 in September.  After painting Doreen and I had a trip to Country Baskets for a look around and a good soaking on the way back to the car!
LM wanted us to visit the garage to try out some seats ~ he spends a huge amount of time in his car so it's vital that it's comfortable and he just doesn't fit in standard seats!  Not very exciting really but it has to be done ~ we also had a test drive on Monday of one of the cars he is thinking about buying.
Monday came around far too soon for my liking.
Yesterday we should have had a visit from my WP's however since her fall Mum is not doing so well and was taken back into hospital on Friday and is being kept in for a few more days ~ I'm off to visit this afternoon. 
GB2 finished school for the summer on Thursday so we now have two teenagers lounging about the place ~ time for a wee list of jobs me thinks!
Until next time.

Kate

4 comments:

Mouse said...

ooo sounds like you had much fun :) those owls are really cute .. hope you find the right seats for DH and i hope your mum is feeling much better soon :) love mouse xxxx

Lesleyanne said...

Another lovely weekend by the sounds of it. Love the owls. My two broke up on Friday. My mum will be looking after them in the mornings so me thinks they will have jobs to do lol.

Christine said...

Those owls are adorable!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Fun! And those owls are too cute.

Tanya