Brown/Blue Spotty

15 August 2011

Exchange Piece & SAL Progress

I mentioned a while ago the Summer Holiday Exchange on the Needlecraft Haven Group ~ we were to kit up a freebie pattern on a summer theme and send it to another participant.  Once we had received our kits we have the 6 weeks summer holidays to stitch and finish them ~ there will be a reveal day on the group in September and we will then learn who sent our kits to us.

This is my progress so far ~ I did tell you it was bright didn't I?
I'm not too sure why I didn't take a photograph of the package when it arrived, but I didn't! 
It's stitched on 25ct Floba with DMC thread ~ I have a plan for finishing but I can't tell you about that until later ~ I hope it works!  I managed to stitch a little more on this today while visiting Mum as she slept most of the time I was there.



This is the Best Friends SAL from Atelier Perdu ~ sadly I am way behind with this piece.  This is my progress on Part I, Part II has already arrived and Part III is due to be released very soon!
I am really enjoying this however I am finding that natural light is the best when stitching over one on 32ct fabric ~ unfortunately working 5 days a week really gets in the way.  I have a wee bit of unpicking to do ~ not something I am looking forward to ~ but I'll get there ~ eventually!

It's Monday again ~ hope you have a great week.

Kate

3 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Both of your projects look great.

The Crafts House said...

ahhh i have "Stitch envy"..it all looks so neat
sandra

Thoeria said...

Lovely projects. The summer one looks very cheery!