Brown/Blue Spotty

14 August 2011

Ooops!

I seem to have started something new!
This is the mystery SAL from Carol at Istitchaholic
stitched on 40ct Antique White Newcastle linen with a Limited Edition hand dyed silk from Dinky Dyes called Nanna.  This was a lovely quick stitch ~ Carol provided the whole border pattern with part I, my plan is to stitch the border as I complete the subsequent parts ~ there are eight in total released every two weeks. 

The thread came in a Christmas mystery pack a few years ago ~ the theme was Pantomime and the pack contained fabulous hand dyed fabric with names like Streets of Gold & Prince Charming.  It also contained a whole host of threads ~ the Dinky Dyes ones were themed on Peter Pan, 4 in total ~ Peter Pan, Wendy, Tinkerbell & Nanna.
It's dull and overcast here this morning and I'm pleased to report that it's not raining ~ I have housey jobs to complete then I'm off to visit Mum again for the afternoon, some of the jobs may still be waiting when I return!
Have a great Sunday.

Kate


8 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely new start, and a beautiful biscornu for Mouse in your last post

Lesleyanne said...

Great new start. Look forward to seeing your progress on this.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Love the colour Kate - looking forward to seeing this one grow

Mouse said...

ooo well done on the new start :) i decided i couldn't squeeze another thing in ..lol ... take care love mouse xxxxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm stitching this too! Well, I will be when I start it.

Love the colour you've chosen, and the thread names too.

Michelle said...

Wonderful new start well done x

Dani - tkdchick said...

That looks like a great new start!!!

Sally said...

Love the colour you've chosen Kate:)