Brown/Blue Spotty

21 November 2011

Hermit Weekend Update

After a few housebound days I made a visit to see my Dad on Saturday morning ~ I figured that as I was feeling much better (and seriously fed up with being stuck indoors) this would be OK.  We spent time drinking coffee and just chatting about all manner of things ~ he's doing great, well apart from a little tumble that has left him bruised and sore.  Dad's is off to Scotland later in the week for a stay with Sis2 and her family ~ I think that they are all looking forward to it.
I had a couple of shopping stops to make on the way home and stitching started shortly after lunch.
My first two projects were quick finishes:
 
This is an internet freebie from Alexandrina.  I have stitched this on 32ct evenweave, not sure of the colour as it is a piece I was recently given, with DMC 890.  Finished with a homemade cord in the same colour.







 
My second ornament is also a freebie from Alexandrina, stitched with the same fabric and thread.
I really enjoyed completing these two ornaments to add to my collection.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yesterday I managed to complete the finishing on two ornaments for exchanges ~ obviously I can't show you these until after they have been received by my partners.  They were both great to stitch.
Next up was the SAL from The Thread Basket and C Mon Monde
 
I'm using a mix of GAST and Crescent Colours for this one.  The linen is from Permin, can't remember the colour name at the moment.  I don't use Permin fabric much and this is quite stiff ~ however I do like the way it's coming together.  Hopefully Part II should arrive today.

I spent a couple of hours with The Diary Dames and Sandra at The Crafts House yesterday ~ I was really pleased with what I managed to achieve.  The usual dose of hilarity was included along with coffee, mince pies and some lovely projects ~ I'll share mine with you soon.

Today I had expected to return to work ~ my right ear had other plans!  A quick visit to the Doctor confirmed an infection ~ so antibiotics and pain killers are on the menu for me.  Hoping to make it back tomorrow once the meds have kicked in.

A less than happy Monday ~ on the upside it's our annual visit to Harrogate on Thursday.

Kate

12 comments:

Christine said...

Great ornament finishes and your SAL is looking lovely

Barb said...

So pleased to hear your dad is doing ok Kate,hope he has a good visit with your sister.
Nice ornie finishes,hope you feel better real soon and you can get back to work!
Take care
hugs

Lesleyanne said...

Two great finishes. Hope you feel better soon.

Julie said...

Beautiful ornaments.
Hope the meds kick in and you soon feel better.
Enjoy Harrogate, I wonder what's on your list to buy there?

Joysze said...

Kate, I'm so sorry to hear your dad had a fall. :( Glad he's on the mend!!

Your ornies are so cute and the Thread Basket SAL looks great.

Feel better soon!

Ruth said...

Great progress! You get a big pat on the back for your ornie work.

Here's hoping your ear clears quickly--we can't have you under the weather!

Mouse said...

ooo nice ornaments ... sorry to hear you got an ear infection hope you feel better soon .. love the sal you've started and WAAAAHHH you get to go to harrogate and day earlier than us ..lol don't buy everything save some for us heheheh :) love mouse xxxx

Sally said...

Glad your Dad is doing OK Kate. Sorry to hear about his fall though.

Love your ornament finishes and your SAL is looking gorgeous.

I hope you're on the mend quickly. Enjoy Harrogate!

Giovanna said...

Pretty ornaments! And the house is lovely too.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

those ornaments look lovely!

♥ Nia said...

lovely ornaments :)

Kate said...

Hope you're feeling better soon and your dad too! Great finishes and progress on your projects :)