Brown/Blue Spotty

30 January 2012

It's In The Bag

Edited
Remember the gorgeous fabrics I was playing with recently?  Finally I can show you what I made.
This is a Lazy Girl pattern called Miranda Day Bag ~ made for my lovely Sis2, Jan's birthday was earlier in the month but I had told her this year her pressie would be late and she could collect it when they were down this weekend.  They came to dinner with us Sunday evening and we had a lovely time chatting and catching up.  I don't believe that I am exaggerating when I say that Jan loved her present.

 
It's a bag of many pockets which is what attracted me to the pattern in the first place.  Construction was fiddly in places and I moved some of the steps around to make things a little easier for me.  I'm delighted with how it turned out and plan to make one for myself too ~ different fabrics but same handles as I love them.

Happy Birthday to Bro7.
Kate

9 comments:

Nicola said...

You have mad a beautiful gift for your sister.

Joysze said...

Ooooooh, it's beautiful, kate. :D

gracie said...

What a great looking bag. I am sure your sister does like it, who wouldn't. I think I will try to find that pattern!

Thoeria said...

That is an absolutely lovely bag! I'm a bag person myself so I can understand your sister's pleasure in receiving this one! From the fabric choice to the finish - super!

Mouse said...

ooooooo that's gorgeous ...might have to email you when I get round to doing the pattern for one I've got .. that's got lots of pockets in it too... just love the colour ways for it too :) love mouse xxxx

Julie said...

Amazing! a super gift, lucky sis. Did you make one for yourself too?

Angie said...

Such a cute bag

luciethehappyquilter said...

Absolutely love the bag. I'm sure your Sis was very pleased with such a lovely gift.

Adrienne said...

That bag is dynamite!! The fabrics are delicious too! I kind of wish I was your sister! :)