Brown/Blue Spotty

30 March 2012

Less Pins More Papercraft

This is what Carol & I found when we visited the Pins & Needles Exhibition at Gosforth Park yesterday.  It is quite disappointing that there are fewer and fewer exhibitors that cater for stitchers' needs coming to our local show ~ we still managed to buy a few things though.
Summer Splendor from LHN together with a thread pack of the recommended Crescent Colours.
Let's Sew from Ursula Michael ~ loved this when I saw it on the flyer I received from Trudy Anne.
I Do from Heart in Hand with a couple of the threads converted to crescent colours.
Several fat quarters & an half metre of button design fabric
Dale Burdett's book of borders.
Some charms and a copy of Complete Needlecraft by Agnes M Miall ~ first published in 1943, the year my WP's were married.
We did enjoy the day, sitting outside in the glorious sunshine to eat our lunch, meeting people we know (and love) and generally having a good time.
I've spent today doing very little, some exercise, a couple of household chores and some stitching which I will share with you soon.
Hope you're enjoying the warm weather ~ I hear we're about to revert to more seasonal temperatures over the weekend.

Kate

8 comments:

Sally said...

You got some lovely new stash at the show Kate. Shame they're not catering for stitching so much though.

Enjoy your weekend. I shall be glad of the cooler weather ( don't like it hot!)

butterfly said...

Very nice buys, but I know what you mean there is less and less at the shows where are all the charts.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely new stah Kate

Lesleyanne said...

Great new stash Kate. Look forward to seeing your progress on it. Have a good weekend.

Mouse said...

oooo nice stash haul there ... you will have to come down to harrogate in November ;0
and hope you have a lovely weekend stitching :)
love mouse xxxxx

Christine said...

Shame the way papercraft is taking over the shows. I keep thinking people will get bored of it soon.
You still managed to get quite a nice haul of stash though.
I've had that Dale Burdett book for years, it was one of the first cross stitch books/charts I bought, and I still refer to it regularly

Julie said...

Great stash you bought Kate, lovely fabrics.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Glad you found some stash! Yes I'm finding more and more that for some strange reason scrapbooking just takes everything over! I got to shows tonnes of scrapbooking booths. The whole center of Michael's is now dedicated to scrapbooking and needlework is this tiny corner with just DMC. Its frustrating!