Brown/Blue Spotty

17 April 2012

Confessional

It's been ten days since my last post.....................

And during that time I have done some stitching, some stash sorting, a bit of stash buying, a bit of painting and a fair amount of procrastination.

                                          Mystery SAL Part III

A quick stitch ~ there is a wee bird hiding on top of the lower case p, he's white and just a little bit hard to see ~ but he is there.
I gave up on finding my DMC 3752 and used 794 and as soon as I had it stitched ~ yes, you guessed it ~ I found 2 skeins of 3752.
No matter, I think the shade I used looks grand.  Part IV is due tomorrow, or today depending on how long it takes me to complete this post.




Dawn of Spring SAL from Friendly Stitchers Yahoo Group

Finished Part I eventually ~ tried eyelets in the third band, however they didn't sit right on my fabric so out they came and I reverted to Smyrna stitch.
Band four is charted for three of the large motifs and space to add initials and year ~ I have an idea for how I might finish this piece so I will be stitching the two outer motifs and leaving initials etc until the end. 
Band five is also started and hopefully I will be continuing with this at Tuesday Stitching Group ~ I'm hosting this week.




                                          Simple Joys by LHN

Has grown some since you last saw it ~ I've quite surprised myself with how quickly this is stitching up, especially as it's one over one.  I'm loving everything about this, the fabric, the colours and the sentiment of it.
I would have liked to be finished the stitching this week ~ as quick as it is I think this may be overly optimistic.






Last week our quilt group had a visit to The Quilters Cupboard ~ I came away with some fabric to add to my stash.  I planned on using some of it at my monthly stitching day in Penrith on Saturday ~ unfortunately I had to cancel my trip due to lack of sleep Friday night.  I was very disappointed but it was a good idea not to get behind the wheel of a car with insufficient zeds.  After our shopping spree we headed back to a local Italian restaurant for a meal ~ the food was lovely.
Sunday was the latest meeting of The Diary Dames up at The Crafts House ~ the weather was deceiving, it looked beautiful but turned out to be extremely cold and while we were there we saw more of the white stuff, both hail & snow.  I have nothing to share with you from our visit as my project is not yet finished ~ should be complete at the next visit.
Today I spent a few hours with Sis2 ~ her DH had business in the area so she had travelled with him.  We had a nice meander around Durham and lunch in Vennels Cafe.  The cakes looked gorgeous ~ we were good and didn't have any ~ the corned beef pie, three pepper quiche and salad were however delicious.  If you're ever visiting Durham it's worth a visit, oh and the tables are all old treadle tables.

I'm off to attempt to sleep.

Kate


10 comments:

Thoeria said...

Lovely stitching Kate :) Your DoS is looking lovely - need to start mine!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely progress on your stitching.

Christine said...

Some lovely stitching there, the mystery SAL is looking great

Denise SA said...

Well done on all the progress you have made on the various pieces

Barb said...

Great stitching Kate,and I have just finished Procastination (pic on my blog) lol.
Hope you manage to get some sleep and we have just had an epic hail storm ,so we do get some other weather apart from dry down here.
Hugs

Michelle said...

Lovely WIP's - adore the LHN one xx

Julie said...

Super stitching, the little birdie is a cute addition to the SAL

Sally said...

Your WIPs are gorgeous Kate. Love Simple Joys.

Anonymous said...

i Love the wips i have never stitched on patterned fabric before, I am off to your neck of the woods for spring bank too, was going to family in Edinburgh but then it would be a week of visiting everyone and i would come back feeling knackered so we are going walking ( i am hoping for rain so i can stay in caravan and stitch lol
left you a blog award on my wordpress blog, www.weestitchy.com i cant comment when logged in on that account for some reason so have to use my blogger one ( if that makes sense lol)
Bev

Maureen said...

Great wips! Love the fabric you have chosen for the DoS.