Brown/Blue Spotty

22 April 2012

Mother's Day

When I was young and growing up 22nd April was the only recognised Mother's Day at home. Today would have been my Lovely Mum's 88th Birthday. My Mother kept a garden. A garden of the heart; She planted all the good things, That gave my life a start. She turned me to the sunshine, And encouraged me to dream: Fostering and nurturing The seeds of self-esteem. And when the winds and rains came, She protected me enough; But not too much, she knew I'd need To stand up strong and tough. Her constant good example, Always taught me right from wrong; Markers for my pathway To last my whole life long. I am my Mother's garden, I am her legacy. And I hope today she feels the love, Reflected back from me. Anonymous

9 comments:

Thoeria said...

Beautiful..

Sally said...

A lovely post Kate {{{hugs}}}

Vickie said...

Just beautiful!♥

Julie said...

Kate, that is so lovely.
Much love to you on your mums birthday xxx

The Crafts House said...

..goose bumps for my soul..
sandra

dulcinella said...

such lovely words!

Val said...

Nice words Kate ... my dear old mum would have been 105 !! We always celebrated the UK 'Mothering sunday' in March

Joysze said...

Sending you hugs, Kate.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post.

I miss my mum too):