Brown/Blue Spotty

28 January 2014

Stitch from Stash 2014

If you have been reading me recently you will know that I have joined Stitch from Stash 2014 which is being run by Mel at Epic Stitching ~ the general rules are as follows:

  • New starts in 2014 will be from stash
  • There is a budget of up to £20/month to top up with necessary supplies ~ thread/fabric etc
  • Post to your blog what you have been stitching on/new starts/items purchased
  • Email Mel your stats monthly
Now I tried, albeit half-heartedly, to stitch from stash last year and fell off the waggon with visiting 4 shows during the year, I didn't go mad but I did buy new patterns.  This year, with the aid of the other 129 participants of SFS2014, I will stay on the stash waggon ~ I plan on saving the balance of my budget each month and using it for a treat, not sure what yet.

So, here is my January report:

JANUARY BUDGET
I made a couple of purchases this month ~ I visited Grace & Favour on Saturday and was looking for buttons and trim for a couple of projects that are at the finishing stage.
Budget 20.00
Buttons -0.60
Ribbon/trim -2.50
Thread -1.39
Fat Quarter -2.50
Balance 13.01




NEW STARTS FROM STASH

 


Home of a Needleworker by LHN
Fabric ~ Sparklies 28ct Brittney Gingerbread
Thread ~ recommended DMC 
This was my New Year's Day start and I am stitching 1/1.  I have completed a couple of other LHN designs over one and I like the way they turn out ~ I have a few more of their designs in my stash and I'm not certain I would stitch them over 2 now.








The Sheep Day by The Little Stitcher
Fabric ~ 32ct painted evenweave colour unknown
Thread ~ WDW Bark & Carries Creations Snow White
My first finish of 2014
 
This piece was stitched as the January challenge on the Needlecraft Haven Yuku Group.  Christine finds us a freebie to stitch each month and we submit pictures of our finished pieces to her.  Christine keeps a Gallery which is made public on reveal day.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Valentine stitching for an exchange on the Friendly Stitchers Yahoo group ~ secret until my partner has received.  All items used for this project were also from my stash.
 
WIPs & UFOs WORKED ON
La Pensee Positive by Jardin Privee ~ finished Part III & started Part IV, picture on my previous post.
Jolly Holiday by Lizzie Kate ~ small pillow finish with fabric from stash, forgot to take a picture!
I also worked on a couple of other items which I can't show as they are for gifts.
 
And that concludes my January report
 
So far I am enjoying the challenge ~ I have spent quite a bit of time sorting my stash which I believe will help me along in the months to come.  I have a App on my phone called Floss Checklist and I have started to add all my threads so I have an "at a glance" record.  The App covers about 20 different companies, so it's quite comprehensive, and is very easy to use.  I have an Android version ~ not sure if it's available for other systems ~ and feel if was definitely worth the sixty'ish pence outlay.
 
Till next time
 
 
Kate
 
 

 





 

4 comments:

Thoeria said...

Well done for sticking to the budget Kate :) Love that fabric and the sweet trim!

Julie said...

Well done on completing month one and staying well in budget Kate. Your new purchases will last well into the year, a fat quarter makes backing for quite a few ornies...sensible purchase lol.

Christine said...

Well done on staying on track with the stitch from stash.

Angela said...

Wonderful first SFS report :) Mine has just been posted too!