Brown/Blue Spotty

1 July 2014

NH Four Seasons Exchange ~ Summer

Yesterday was opening day for the Summer Exchange on the Needlecraft Haven Yuku Group ~ I originally stitched a piece which I thought would be great to send to my partner, however I lost the plot when it came round to making the piece up ~ I just completely lost faith in what I was doing.  So, thinking cap was employed and I took off in a different direction and decided to make this:

A wee quilted bag, big enough to carry a small project around.  I love all the dotty fabric, and buttons are a very sad passion of mine.
I downloaded the pattern for this from here some time ago as I thought I could make a few and use them as gift bags for small presents ~ hadn't thought about adding any embellishments at that point.

Here's a picture of the back and also one showing the flowers close up ~ as my partner was Barb I couldn't resist adding a wee sheepy into the parcel.


 
The exchange is a secret until opening day, usually we receive from a different person than we stitch for, this time we were paired.  Unfortunately Barb is unwell and not able to complete so I had an angel stitcher who made my gift ~ thank you so much Clare for stepping in and making my gift.
 
 
 Clare has stitched a beautiful design and set it into a coaster, it was sent along with this gorgeous summery card.  Thank you so much Clare ~ it will be going to work with me tomorrow and residing on my desk.  I'll leave you with a close up of the coaster ~ I'll need to ask where the coaster is from, I have been put off buying coaster blanks previously as the ones I have seen have just not been very nice ~ a bit cheap & flimsy ~ this one is great though.
I'll leave you with a close up of my new coaster.
 
 
Till next time.
 
Kate
 

8 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A lovely bag, Kate. Where did you find the pattern (don't think you added the link). Love your coaster from Clare as well.

cucki said...

wow super sweet treasure..
the bag is so cuteeeeeeeeeeeee and the coaster is very lovely too..
sweet hugs x

Christina said...

Oh that bag is so sweet. :0) Yes, you're right, it's the perfect size for lugging projects around!

Christine said...

The bag is gorgeous Kate

Mii Stitch said...

What a sweet little bag, I love it!!

Julie said...

Love the bag Kate, it would be a perfect project for us new machine users at my craft club. Any chance you could post the link please... thanks xxxx

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow what a great bag you made!

Sally said...

What a gorgeous bag Kate. I bet Barb loved it. Please could we have the link?

Lovely coaster from Clare